Volunteers are welcome at Mosaic in Colorado Springs. If you want to give back to the community, come volunteer and have fun doing it! We have both support positions and direct service volunteer opportunities available.
Some of the available opportunities are:
- Becoming an Ambassador - Ambassadors for Mosaic invite people to learn about our mission by inviting them to an event called Discover the Possibilities.
- Direct Support - Work one-on-one with a person receiving services by playing a game, watching a movie, or working on a craft. Volunteers can also get people involved in their community by accompanying them to a sporting event, a church service, or by simply going out to eat at a restaurant.
- One-Time Volunteers - Help make our special events a success by becoming a volunteer.
- Committee Volunteers - Mosaic has several committees that meet on a regular basis to assure we are providing the best support to the people we serve. Volunteer on our Safety Committee, Behavior Supports Committee or our Advocacy Committee.
- Professional Opportunities - Offer your professional expertise to the people we support. We are always looking for professionals in our community to give presentations or even donate time or services.
- Church Opportunities - Churches can assist the agency in many of these volunteer opportunities or can become a prayer partner. Mosaic in Colorado Springs has a rich history of involvement with local churches. We are always ready to come into the churches to speak about Mosaic.
- Mosaic Allied Voices – Mosaic Allied Voices (MAV) volunteers call or email elected officials in response to alerts from the Mosaic Governmental Affairs Office. These alerts are about specific issues that relate to people with intellectual disabilities. Sign up now to become a member of Mosaic Allied Voices.
There are an endless number of volunteer opportunities at Mosaic in Colorado Springs, but we are also always looking for volunteer opportunities for the people we serve! For additional information or to get involved, attend a Discover the Possibilities event or contact Emily Plotkin, Community Relations Manager, at emily.plotkin [at] mosaicinfo.org.
We are also looking for volunteer opportunities for the people we serve to give back to the community! Please contact us if you have an opportunity you would like to discuss with us.