At Mosaic, advocacy is a part of our mission. We advocate for and with people who have disabilities so they may choose appropriate supports, defend their rights and express their opinions. Mosaic advocates find their voices heard locally in their own communities, in statehouses across the land, and in several countries around the world. Mosaic's advocacy efforts include:
- Broadening the capacity for advocacy at the local, state, national and international level.
- Participating in numerous coalitions formed to affect public policy.
- Networking with grassroots advocates to pass legislation affecting the lives of people who have disabilities.
- Assisting other nonprofit organizations to develop and enhance their supports.
- Increasing volunteer advocacy participation locally, nationally and globally.