Volunteers are welcome at Mosaic in Western Iowa. If you want to give back to the community, come volunteer and have fun doing it!
Volunteers to support the people in service directly and the needs of each person indirectly are equally valued. We have both support positions and direct service volunteer opportunities available.
We are also looking for volunteer opportunities for the people we serve to give back to the community! Please contact us if you have an opportunity you would like to discuss with us.
Some of the available opportunities are:
- Become an Ambassador - Be an Ambassador of Discover the Possibilities and invite your closest friends and colleagues to attend a Discover the Possibilities presentations.
- Direct Support - Work one-on-one with a person receiving services by playing a game, watching a movie, or working on a craft. Volunteers can also help the people we serve become involved in their community by accompanying them to a sporting event, a church service, or by simply dining at a restaurant together.
- Group Volunteers - Mosaic welcomes groups who don't mind getting their hands dirty. Volunteer to work on a maintenance or repair project at one of our group homes or our office.
- One-Time Volunteers - Help make our special events a success by becoming a volunteer.
- Committee Volunteers - Mosaic has several committees that meet on a regular basis to assure we are providing the best support to the people we serve. Volunteer on our Human Rights Committee or become a Sustainable Funding Team member.
- Other Opportunities - Offer your professional expertise to the people we support. We are always looking for professionals in our community to give presentations or even donate time or services.
- Church Opportunities - Churches can assist our organization in many of these volunteer opportunities or can become a prayer partner. Mosaic in Western Iowa has a rich history of involvement by local churches. We are always ready to come into the churches to speak about Mosaic.
- Adopt-A-Home Program - Mosaic's Adopt-A-Home program pairs community groups, congregations and individuals with residents of a Mosaic home. The level of Adopt-A-Home activity is set by the sponsoring organization or individual. Examples of activities include holiday and birthday celebrations, outings to entertainment and sport venues, landscaping and even house maintenance. The goal of all volunteer activities at Mosaic, including Adopt-A-Home, is to foster community relationships for the people Mosaic supports.
There are an endless number of volunteer opportunities at Mosaic in Western Iowa! For more information on partnering with Mosaic, attend a Discover the Possibilities event or contact us.