Carman International Fellowship
Each year, Mosaic International selects fellows to work in the field with our program partner staff. The location changes based on need, but opportunities are generally in Tanzania.
New applications are released each January and are due on May 19. New fellows are selected and announced by July. The next fellows will begin their one-year placement in January 2024.
Past fellows have included individuals from the U.S., Canada and Europe, as well as local candidates in Tanzania.
Fellows are responsible for:
- Consulting with and mentoring local program staff to strengthen services, build capacity and increase sustainability
- Assisting program staff with program monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinating international volunteers, volunteer groups and donor visits
- Participating in meetings, planning sessions and program events with local staff
- Facilitating communication between our partner organizations and Mosaic
- Contributing writing, photography and videography to support Mosaic International’s marketing, communications and fundraising efforts
- Other duties developed around candidate’s interests, abilities and experience
Successful applicants have:
- The ability to make a one-year commitment to living and working in a developing country or emerging democracy
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in international studies, international relations, public health or related field with focus on international development
- Previous experience in an international setting
Receive Fellowship Updates
Sign up to receive updates when the fellowship application process opens, as well as a current application packet.